- Show interest in your child’s course work
- Discuss classes and set goals together
- Listen to your child to be involved in various school activities
- Make sure your child attends school every day on time
- Encourage your child to be involved in various school activities
- Be available to help with homework. Set a time with your child for checking reports on students/parents portal
- Get to know your child’s teachers, set up a teacher/parent conference through your child’s counselor
It is very important for parents to be involved in your student’s academic achievement. Miami Dade County Public Schools Parent Portal is a tool for parents to access their child’s grades, attendance and homework. Parents must obtain a PIN number to set up an account if an account is not already set up. Please visit the main office for assistance with obtaining your PIN number.